Sunday, March 4, 2012

I actually published something.!!

Quite some time ago probably as a result of this blog I started to write a book!!
Someone asked me quite recently from where did I get the idea.  (Note the lack of a dangling participle!)
I've no bloody idea!!  I'd recently read an article somewhere on the activities of Special Forces in Borneo and I just started writing.  Darndest thing.....it took on a life of its own!  The characters became real people to me.  It actually became invasive which is something I didn't expect.  After I'd killed off a couple of the characters I had the idea of creating a trilogy......."Gema: A Troopers Tale" being the first tale.  Now it's published and I'm half way through the second epistle entitled:  "Dire Straits: A Trooper's Tale."

It's exciting; for months I didn't know what to do.  Traditional Publishers have gone the same way of big box stores making it almost impossible to get published in a traditional manner but e-books are a different cup of tea altogether!  The growth of e-reading is staggering with the proliferation of readers and pads.

Books such as mine are published in a number of electronic languages allowing them to be purchased and read almost anywhere and utilizing any brand.

That's exciting!  I wrote the book for fun and now it's published.  How about that!

Take a look!!     https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/136764

No comments:

Post a Comment